T Support Services Delegate
Canadian Red Cross
Location: Indonesia (Banda Aceh)
Closing date: 05 Sep 2007
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking an IT Support Services Delegate.
Reporting to the Senior IT Delegate, Tsunami Operations, the IT Support Services Delegate will support and maintain CRC's Systems to ensure all staff can maximize their use of IT systems and meet CRC's commitment to Tsunami Recovery initiatives. This includes desktop provision, network infrastructure, and software and business applications.
- Support, monitor, test and troubleshoot hardware and software problems. Provide user support to ensure the effective and timely resolution of technical problems, keeping staff informed of the status of their support request.
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches, security updates and resolve software related problems. Be responsible for the care of personal computers or workstations and for maintaining data integrity, confidentiality, and security, for systems under the delegate's control.
- Under guidance from IT management, administer the CRC File Server. Including but not limited to account creation, Data backups, User rights assignment, software installations, monitoring and performance analysis, Security and AntiVirus updates.
- Maintain Inventory and provide accounting for CRC resources including software, server, workstation and laptop systems. Keep the register of IT assets current and contribute to audits of hardware and software license agreements. Revise, and update Desktop, Server, and LAN and WAN configurations and diagrams such that they reflect current IT systems and solutions in place.
- Assist IT management in the implementation of IT improvement projects, and share knowledge of existing systems such that there is coverage in both short and long term absences.
- Responsible for the proactive monitoring of File Servers, Printers, Databases, NAS Infrastructure, and LAN and WAN links such that the IT department is the first to know should an outage occur.
- University Degree in Computer Science or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- MCSA/MCSE certifications preferred;
- 4+ years experience with MS Windows Administration in environments with 100+ users;
- Demonstrated experience in proposing creative IT solutions in challenging environments where power, communications, and environmental factors are regular and frequent obstacles;
- Must have thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003 at a senior administrative level;
- Demonstrated technical competence in the Windows XP Desktop space, from complete desktop rebuilds, troubleshooting, hardware diagnosis and repair, Hard Drive Imaging techniques, Registry manipulation and XP Software;
- Must have intimate knowledge of data backup, data protection, and storage systems;
- Thorough knowledge of LAN/WAN communications with particular focus on Satellite technologies, Wireless Broadband Systems, short range point to point communications systems, Wireless Internet networks, and Firewalls;
- Previous work experience with Microsoft Office Suite 2003, Microsoft Exchange Server, and internet mail protocols including HTTP (OWA) and POP3 based e-mail systems. Terminal Services, Corporate Anti Virus implementations, and a strong understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS;
- Previous international experience, preferably in a humanitarian context in a developing country;
- Previous experience working for Red Cross/Red Crescent an asset;
- Must have strong communication skills, oral and written fluency in English mandatory.
- Candidates must submit a brief cover letter clearly indicating how they meet the stated qualifications.
Interested parties may submit their resumes quoting Competition Number
The Canadian Red Cross Society
170 Metcalfe Street, Suite 300
Ottawa, Ontario K2P 2P2
Fax: (613) 740-1911
Due to the urgent nature of this recruitment there will not be a specified recruitment period. Recruitment will commence immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement and will continue until a suitable candidate has been identified.
Saturday, August 18, 2007
T Support Services Delegate