Chinese Government Scholarship scheme is established by the Ministry of Education of China (MOE) in accordance with educational exchange agreements or understandings reached between Chinese government and governments of other countries, organizations, education institutions and relevant international organizations to provide both full scholarships and partial scholarships to international students and scholars. MOE entrusts China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) to handle the enrollment of international students and carry out the routine management of Chinese Government Scholarship Programs.
Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
Categories of Applicants
Duration of MajorStudies
Duration of RemedialChinese Language courses
Duration of Scholarship
Master degree students
Doctoral degree students
Chinese language students
Up to 2
Up to 2
Up to 2
Application Deadline: April 30, 2009
The applicants shall apply to Chinese diplomatic missions or the competent authorities in their home countries between January and April every year. Applicants may refer to the relevant authorities for details. Eligibility
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for undergraduate programs must have senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 25.
- Applicants for master degree programs must have bachelors degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for Doctoral degree programs must have masters degree and be under the age of 40.
- Chinese language students must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 35, will study Chinese language program in China.
- General scholar candidates must have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies and be under the age of 45, may study all majors besides Chinese language.
- Senior scholar candidates must have masters degree or above, or hold academic titles of associate professor or above, and be under the age of 50. Further Shcolarship Information and Application(Doc)