Vacancy Notice Reg.-No 01E/2008 In the Institute of Safety Research of the Research Center Dresden-Rossendorf for the period from 01.04.2008 until 31.03.2011 a vacancy is announced as Phd student.
The salary is according to the German TV-L (50 %). In the case of successful work, an up-grading of the salary is possible.
- University diploma in physics
- Deepened knowledge and experience in solid-state physics
- Knowledge of atomic numerical simulation in solids (e.g. molecular dynamics)
- Experiences in a programming language (FORTRAN, C) and in numerical mathematics
- Atomic modelling of irradiation induced defects in reactor materials and their influence on mechanical properties
- Code development and computer simulation for the interaction of dislocations with irradiation defects
- Model validation using experimental data.
- Within the working field there is a close cooperation with our neighbour institute of Ion Beam Physics and Materials Research.
Please address your application (including a list of publications) with the Registration-No. 01E/2008 by March 15, 2008 to
P.O. Box 51 01 19
01314 Dresden, Germany
For further information, please contact Dr. Frank Bergner, Tel.: +49 351 260 3186, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Dr. Matthias Posselt, Tel.: +49 260 3279, Email: email@example.com and/or Dr. Eberhard Altstadt, Tel.: +49 351 260 2276, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women are explicitly invited to apply. Handicapped will be preferred in case of equal qualification.